In this lesson, we will explore the reasons why people migrate from one country to another. We will learn to define key terminology in relation to migration such as asylum seeker, refugee and internally displaced persons.
Unit Overview: Why do people move around the world?
For next step we recommend the unit: How does the UK still play a meaningful role in the international community?.
For next step we recommend the unit: What can we do about global problems?.
In this lesson, we will explore the emerging number of migrants who are moving around the world as a result of the impact of climate change. You will learn about how different countries around the world respond to this issue.
In this lesson, we will explore the war in Syria, the origins of the war and the extent to which the rights of children are being enjoyed or denied.
In this lesson, we will explore the international and national frameworks implemented to support migrant communities around the world. It will also illustrate ways in which we can support migrant communities.
In this lesson, we will explore the UK Government's existing attitude to immigration and we will develop an insight into the UK's immigration regulations. We will also consider arguments for and against the controlling of immigration.
In this lesson, we will explore the different types of effects migration has on immigrant and emigrant communities. We will explore social reasons, economic reasons and political reasons.
Units in Citizenship
- Citizenship - What's it all about?
- What are our identities and communities?
- What rights should all children have?
- How does local democracy work?
- What is crime?
- How can we make a difference in our communities?
- How does the political system work in the UK?
- How does the media affect us?
- What is the law and how is it changed?
- How can citizens bring about change?
- Why was the struggle for the vote important today?
- What can we do about global problems?
- How is the UK governed?
- Are people treated equally in UK society?
- Why do people move around the world?
- How can we manage money well?
- Can digital democracy increase political participation?
- How can young people play an active role in democracy?