This lesson introduces the location of Liverpool and discusses the importance of the city nationally and internationally.
Unit: Urban change in Liverpool, UK
This lesson will consider the influence of both national and international migration on the culture of Liverpool.
This lesson explores the social and economic opportunities that have been created through urban growth in Liverpool.
This lesson explores the environmental opportunities that have been created through urban growth in Liverpool.
This lesson explores the social, economic and environmental challenges caused by urban change in Liverpool.
This lesson explores the impacts of urban sprawl and counter-urbanisation on Liverpool.
This lesson will consider why regeneration is needed in Liverpool, and explore the main features of the Anfield regeneration project.
This lesson explores the concept of sustainable urban living, with focus given to water, energy, waste and green space.
This lesson looks at the strategies used in Liverpool to reduce traffic congestion, with focus given to Liverpool City Bikes, pedestrianisation and park and ride schemes.
Units in Geography
- Major landscapes of the UK
- Understanding development
- The economic future of the UK
- Understanding global urbanisation
- Urban change in Liverpool, UK
- The development gap
- Economic development in India
- Urban growth in Lagos, Nigeria
- Fieldwork (2 case studies)
- Population distribution in the UK
- Understanding natural hazards
- Tectonic hazards
- Climate change
- Climatic hazards
- Understanding ecosystems
- Tropical rainforests
- Hot deserts
- Understanding resources
- The global water resource
- Geographical skills