In this lesson, we will learn about the Sun, the Earth and the Moon. We will also learn about satellites, including natural and artificial satellites. We will discuss the lunar phases and finally we will learn about solar and lunar eclipses.
Unit Overview: Space
- Describe the movement of the Earth, and other planets, relative to the Sun in the solar system
- Describe the movement of the Moon relative to the Earth
- Describe the Sun, Earth and Moon as approximately spherical bodies
- Use the idea of the Earth’s rotation to explain day and night and the apparent movement of the sun across the sky.
In this lesson, we will discuss what we can find in our solar system. We will also discuss what a planet, moon and space dust are. Finally, we will examine the differences between asteroids, meteoroids, meteors and meteorites.
In this lesson, we will learn about the eight different planets in our Solar System. We will have detailed discussions about Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. We will also have a chance to complete some application questions.
In this lesson, we will discuss how stars, including the Sun, were made. We will see how humans have investigated more about stars since the invention of telescopes. Finally, we will learn about constellations
In this lesson, we will investigate what the universe is. We will also discuss galaxies, including the galaxy we are in: the Milky Way. Finally, we will discuss and investigate the Big Bang Theory as an explanation for how the universe began.
In this lesson, we will discuss the differences between Astrology and Astronomy, particularly which one is considered scientific. We will then discover the works of famous astronomers and their contributions to society.
Units in Science
- Practical skills
- Raw and synthetic materials
- Light & dark
- States of matter
- Rock cycle
- Human anatomy
- Electrical circuits
- Separating mixtures
- Physical and chemical changes
- Reproductive cycles
- Notable scientists
- Particles in physical and chemical changes
- Humans and animals over time
- Diet and lifestyle
- History of science