In this lesson, we will revisit equations for linear graphs and coordinates and investigate the relationship between solving simultaneous equations, and their appearance when plotted.
Unit Overview: Solving linear simultaneous equations graphically
In this lesson, we will learn to identify points of intersection from linear equations as a precursor to solving simultaneous equations graphically.
In this lesson, we will learn how to solve simultaneous equations graphically by plotting them and identifying their point of intersection.
In this lesson, we will learn to recognise simultaneous equations with no solutions by representing the equations on a graph.
In this lesson, we will learn about the benefits of using graphical or algebraic methods to solve simultaneous equations.
In this lesson, we will learn how to represent inequalities on a graph and what coordinates will satisfy these inequalities.
In this lesson, we will learn how to shade regions between plotted lines to satisfy a set of inequalities.
In this lesson, we will learn how to solve more complex inequalities graphically, linking multiple straight-line graphs.
Units in Maths
- Numbers and numerals
- Axioms and arrays
- Factors and multiples
- Order of operations
- Positive and negative numbers
- Expressions, equations and inequalities
- Classifying 2-D shapes
- Constructing triangles and quadrilaterals
- Area of 2-D shapes
- Transforming 2-D figures
- Prime factor decomposition
- Conceptualising and comparing fractions
- Manipulating and calculating with fractions
- Different number systems
- Forming and solving equations
- Forming and solving inequalities
- Linear graphs
- Accuracy and estimation
- Algebra and problem solving
- Ratio (8.6a)
- Ratio, real life graphs, and rates of change
- Direct and indirect proportion
- Univariate data
- Bivariate data
- Famous maths problems
- Angles and parallel lines
- Angles in polygons
- Volume and surface area of prisms
- Area review
- FDP review (9.1a)
- Sets and Venn Diagrams
- Solving linear simultaneous equations algebraically
- Solving linear simultaneous equations graphically
- Angle review (9.5a)
- Constructions, congruence, and loci
- Pythagoras's theorem
- Famous maths problems
- Ratio review (9.7a)
- Similarity and enlargement
- Surds and trigonometry
- Quadratic expressions (9.9)
- Quadratic equations (9.10)
- Indices and standard form
- Growth and decay