In this lesson we will learn about where raw materials come from and their uses.
Unit Overview: Raw and synthetic materials
- Compare and group together everyday materials on the basis of their properties, including their hardness, solubility, transparency
For next step we recommend the unit: Materials.
In this lesson we will learn about synthetic materials and their uses.
In this lesson we will learn about how synthetic materials are made and the raw materials they come from.
In this lesson we will learn about the synthetic material, paper, and make our own!
In this lesson we will learn about recycling and the importance of not always using raw materials.
In this lesson we will learn about sustainability and look at different examples of good ways to live a sustainable lifestyle.
Units in Science
- Practical skills
- Raw and synthetic materials
- Light & dark
- States of matter
- Rock cycle
- Human anatomy
- Electrical circuits
- Separating mixtures
- Physical and chemical changes
- Reproductive cycles
- Notable scientists
- Particles in physical and chemical changes
- Humans and animals over time
- Diet and lifestyle
- History of science