In this lesson, you will learn to use ratio notation to describe the composition of different groups.
In this lesson, you will learn to scale up from one group to ‘many’ groups and use multiplicative relationships to calculate unknown values in the ‘many’ groups.
In this lesson, you will learn how to represent ratios pictorially and use these representations to justify the equivalence of ratios.
In this lesson, you will identify multiplicative relationships between 'times tables' and use patterns to solve problems in direct proportion contexts.
In this lesson, you will compare the side lengths of triangles, one of which is an enlargement of the other, and calculate the ratios of the lengths of corresponding sides.
In this lesson, you will divide oblique line segments into specified ratios by dividing the segment’s horizontal and vertical displacements in the same ratio.
In this lesson, you will divide a quantity into a ratio of the form a : b and compare the relative sizes of the parts to each other and to the whole.
In this lesson, you will divide a quantity into a ratio of the form a : b : c and compare the relative sizes of the parts to each other and to the whole.
Units in Maths
Units in Ratio and proportion
- Numbers and numerals
- Axioms and arrays
- Factors and multiples
- Order of operations
- Positive and negative numbers
- Expressions, equations and inequalities
- Classifying 2-D shapes
- Constructing triangles and quadrilaterals
- Area of 2-D shapes
- Transforming 2-D figures
- Prime factor decomposition
- Conceptualising and comparing fractions
- Manipulating and calculating with fractions
- Different number systems
- Forming and solving equations
- Forming and solving inequalities
- Linear graphs
- Accuracy and estimation
- Algebra and problem solving
- Ratio (8.7a)
- Ratio, real life graphs, and rates of change
- Direct and indirect proportion
- Univariate data
- Bivariate data
- Famous maths problems
- Angles and parallel lines review
- Angles in polygons
- Volume and surface area of prisms
- Area review
- FDP review (9.1a)
- Sets, Venn and sample space diagrams
- Solving linear simultaneous equations algebraically
- Solving linear simultaneous equations graphically
- Angle review (9.5a)
- Constructions, congruence, and loci
- Pythagoras’s theorem
- Famous maths problems
- Ratio review (9.7a)
- Similarity and enlargement
- Surds and trigonometry
- Quadratic expressions (9.9)
- Quadratic equations (9.10)
- Indices and standard form
- Growth and decay