In this lesson, we will learn to use ratio notation to describe the composition of different groups.
Unit Overview: Ratio
In this lesson, we will learn to scale up from one group to 'many' groups and use multiplicative relationships to calculate unknown values in the 'many' groups.
In this lesson, we will learn how to represent ratios pictorially and use these representations to justify the equivalence of ratios.
In this lesson, we will identify multiplicative relationships between 'times tables' and use patterns to solve problems in direct proportion contexts.
In this lesson, we will compare the side lengths of triangles, one of which is an enlargement of the other, and calculate the ratios of the lengths of corresponding sides.
In this lesson, we will divide oblique line segments into specified ratios by dividing the segment's horizontal and vertical displacements in the same ratio.
In this lesson, we will divide a quantity into a ratio of the form a : b and compare the relative sizes of the parts to each other and to the whole.
In this lesson, we will divide a quantity into a ratio of the form a : b : c and compare the relative sizes of the parts to each other and to the whole.
Units in Maths
- Numbers and numerals
- Axioms and arrays
- Factors and multiples
- Order of operations
- Positive and negative numbers
- Expressions, equations and inequalities
- Classifying 2-D shapes
- Constructing triangles and quadrilaterals
- Area of 2-D shapes
- Transforming 2-D figures
- Prime factor decomposition
- Conceptualising and comparing fractions
- Manipulating and calculating with fractions
- Different number systems
- Forming and solving equations
- Forming and solving inequalities
- Linear graphs
- Accuracy and estimation
- Algebra and problem solving
- Ratio (8.6a)
- Ratio, real life graphs, and rates of change
- Direct and indirect proportion
- Univariate data
- Bivariate data
- Famous maths problems
- Angles and parallel lines
- Angles in polygons
- Volume and surface area of prisms
- Area review
- FDP review (9.1a)
- Sets and Venn Diagrams
- Solving linear simultaneous equations algebraically
- Solving linear simultaneous equations graphically
- Angle review (9.5a)
- Constructions, congruence, and loci
- Pythagoras's theorem
- Famous maths problems
- Ratio review (9.7a)
- Similarity and enlargement
- Surds and trigonometry
- Quadratic expressions (9.9)
- Quadratic equations (9.10)
- Indices and standard form
- Growth and decay