In this lesson, we will learn to recognise the difference between linear and nonlinear graphs.
Unit Overview: Quadratic expressions (9.9)
In this lesson, we will learn about the shape of a quadratic graph and begin plotting graphs of quadratic equations.
In this lesson, we will identify the features of quadratic graphs. We will also practice plotting quadratic graphs.
In this lesson, we will explore different situations that can be modelled by quadratics.
In this lesson, we will explore how we can use quadratic graphs to solve maximum and minimum problems.
In this lesson, we will learn more about applying the distributive property of multiplication with variables. We will use area models to visualise the process.
In this lesson, we will learn more about expanding double brackets. We will use area models to visualise the process.
In this lesson, we will learn about the difference of two squares. We will investigate the pattern of results when considering multiplying out brackets of the general form (x+a)(x-a).
In this lesson, we will learn how we can factorise quadratics using an array.
In this lesson, we will further develop your ability to factorise quadratics by spotting factors of terms.
In this lesson, we will learn how to sketch quadratics using intercepts of the y and x axis.
In this lesson, we will explore different patterns related to quadratics and square numbers.
Units in Maths
- Numbers and numerals
- Axioms and arrays
- Factors and multiples
- Order of operations
- Positive and negative numbers
- Expressions, equations and inequalities
- Classifying 2-D shapes
- Constructing triangles and quadrilaterals
- Area of 2-D shapes
- Transforming 2-D figures
- Prime factor decomposition
- Conceptualising and comparing fractions
- Manipulating and calculating with fractions
- Different number systems
- Forming and solving equations
- Forming and solving inequalities
- Linear graphs
- Accuracy and estimation
- Algebra and problem solving
- Ratio (8.6a)
- Ratio, real life graphs, and rates of change
- Direct and indirect proportion
- Univariate data
- Bivariate data
- Famous maths problems
- Angles and parallel lines
- Angles in polygons
- Volume and surface area of prisms
- Area review
- FDP review (9.1a)
- Sets and Venn Diagrams
- Solving linear simultaneous equations algebraically
- Solving linear simultaneous equations graphically
- Angle review (9.5a)
- Constructions, congruence, and loci
- Pythagoras's theorem
- Famous maths problems
- Ratio review (9.7a)
- Similarity and enlargement
- Surds and trigonometry
- Quadratic expressions (9.9)
- Quadratic equations (9.10)
- Indices and standard form
- Growth and decay