In this lesson, we will be introduced to quadratic equations and have to form them from I think of a number problem.
Unit Overview: Quadratic equations (9.10)
In this lesson, we will form quadratic equations in the context of area and pythagoras.
In this lesson, we will solve pure quadratic equations in the form ax² + c. We will investigate patterns of behaviour with these specific cases.
In this lesson, we will look at the number of possible solutions for quadratic equations and investigate patterns linking the form of an equation and the number of real solutions it has.
In this lesson, we will solve pairs of simultaneous equations graphically where one is linear and one is quadratic.
In this lesson, we will use graphs and transformations of graphs to solve quadratic equations.
In this lesson, we will rearrange quadratic equations to get one side equal to zero.
In this lesson, we will solve quadratic equations when in factorised form.
In this lesson, we will solve quadratic equations that first need to be factorised.
In this lesson, we will solve quadratic equations that first need to be rearranged.
In this lesson, we will learn how to determine the shape, roots and y-intercept of a graph from an equation.
In this lesson, we will use the shape, roots and y-intercept to sketch the graph.
Units in Maths
- Numbers and numerals
- Axioms and arrays
- Factors and multiples
- Order of operations
- Positive and negative numbers
- Expressions, equations and inequalities
- Classifying 2-D shapes
- Constructing triangles and quadrilaterals
- Area of 2-D shapes
- Transforming 2-D figures
- Prime factor decomposition
- Conceptualising and comparing fractions
- Manipulating and calculating with fractions
- Different number systems
- Forming and solving equations
- Forming and solving inequalities
- Linear graphs
- Accuracy and estimation
- Algebra and problem solving
- Ratio (8.6a)
- Ratio, real life graphs, and rates of change
- Direct and indirect proportion
- Univariate data
- Bivariate data
- Famous maths problems
- Angles and parallel lines
- Angles in polygons
- Volume and surface area of prisms
- Area review
- FDP review (9.1a)
- Sets and Venn Diagrams
- Solving linear simultaneous equations algebraically
- Solving linear simultaneous equations graphically
- Angle review (9.5a)
- Constructions, congruence, and loci
- Pythagoras's theorem
- Famous maths problems
- Ratio review (9.7a)
- Similarity and enlargement
- Surds and trigonometry
- Quadratic expressions (9.9)
- Quadratic equations (9.10)
- Indices and standard form
- Growth and decay