In this lesson we will revisit Python. We will make sure that we can read and create simple programs that use selection, and we will introduce lists.
Unit Overview: Python programming with sequences of data
In this lesson, we will identify the operations that are commonly performed on lists: adding, removing, or modifying items; locating or counting occurrences of particular items, etc.
In this lesson, we will investigate iteration using while loops, offering a chance to retrieve and apply relevant knowledge. In the first activities, we will practise using list operations in iterative contexts.
In this lesson, we will use a for-loop to iterate over list items. We will study a range of examples before moving on to apply what we have learnt to similar tasks.
In this lesson, we will complete a mini-project in Python where we will create a planetary quiz. It will allow us to increase our independence in Python programming.
In this lesson, we will finish our planetary quiz project. It will allow us to further develop our independence in Python programming.
Units in Computing
- Impact of Technology - Collaborating Online Respectfully
- Gaining support for a cause
- Networks: from semaphores to the Internet
- Programming essentials in Scratch: part I
- Programming essentials in Scratch: part II
- Design Vector Graphics
- Computing systems
- Development for the Web
- Representations: from clay to silicon
- Mobile app development
- Intro to Python programming
- Data Science
- Representations: going audiovisual
- Python programming with sequences of data
- Physical Computing Programming