In this lesson we are going to learn about what plants need to grow. Then we will learn about variables in order to set up a simple experiment to test the effect of water on the growth of a plant.
Unit Overview: Plants
- Identify and describe the functions of different parts of flowering plants: roots, stem/trunk, leaves and flowers
- Explore the requirements of plants for life and growth (air, light, water, nutrients from soil, and room to grow) and how they vary from plant to plant
- Investigate the way in which water is transported within plants
- Explore the part that flowers play in the life cycle of flowering plants, including pollination, seed formation and seed dispersal
For next step we recommend the unit: Plants.
In this lesson, we will learn the five basic parts of a plant and write a conclusion for our practical experiment.
In this lesson we will identify the flowering parts of a plant and learn about their functions.
In this lesson, we will learn about each stage of the life cycle of a plant.
In this lesson, we will learn about how plants transport water internally and watch this in an experiment.
In this lesson, we will learn how plants adapt to survive in hot and cold environments.
Units in Science
- Practical skills
- Raw and synthetic materials
- Light & dark
- States of matter
- Rock cycle
- Human anatomy
- Electrical circuits
- Separating mixtures
- Physical and chemical changes
- Reproductive cycles
- Notable scientists
- Particles in physical and chemical changes
- Humans and animals over time
- Diet and lifestyle
- History of science