In the first lesson of this unit we will listen to the persuasive advert all about honey.
Unit: Persuasion: Buy my honey
In this lesson we will listen to the persuasive advert, draw a persuasive map and 'step' through the advert.
In this lesson we think of adjectives to describe the honey and put them into a sentence using a comma and the word 'and' to separate them.
In this lesson we explore the punctuation needed to write a question and how to write questions that hook the reader.
In this lesson we will be creating a poster to advertise the delicious honey.
In this lesson we will 'box-up' the persuasive advert and explore the purpose of each section.
In this lesson we create a persuasive advert toolkit to help us write our own advert.
In this lesson we start to write our own persuasive advert.
In this lesson we continue writing our persuasive advert from the previous lesson.
In this lesson we recap our new persuasive advert and perform it by memory.
Units in English
- The Magic Paintbrush: mood
- The Magic Paintbrush: created story (mood)
- Recount: diary entry
- Monkeys and Hats: problems
- Monkeys and Hats: recycled story (problems)
- Instructions: how to make a paper crown
- Awongalema: description
- Awongalema: recycled story (description)
- Discussion: should animals be kept in zoos?
- Honey and Trouble: character
- Honey and Trouble: recycled story (character)
- Persuasion: Buy my honey
- Anansi and Tiger
- Anansi and Tiger: Endings
- Information: All about Tigers
- Jack and the Beanstalk: characters, mood, problems
- Jack and the Beanstalk: created story (characters, mood, problems)
- Explanation: how beans grow
- How Butterflies Came to Be
- How Coyote Brought Fire to the Earth (1)
- How Coyote Brought Fire to the Earth (2)
- Instructions: How to defeat the fire giants
- Baba Yaga: openings
- Baba Yaga: created story (openings)
- Non-chronological report: All about Witches
- The Eagle Who Thought He Was A Chicken: characters and problems
- The Eagle Who Thought He Was A Chicken: recycled story (characters and problems)
- Explanation: how birds fly
- Ganesh Gets Married (1)
- Ganesh Gets Married (2)
- Discussion: Who was right: Ganesh or Kartikeya?
- Persephone: endings
- Persephone: creation story (endings)
- Recount: news report
- The Bird and the Forest Fire: middles
- The Bird and the Forest Fire: recycled story (middles)
- Persuasion: Why you should never light fires in a dry forest
- The Unlucky Man