In this lesson, we will look behind the curtain to help learners start to understand how web pages are constructed using HTML tags, and how they can be modified to display content as they wish.
Unit Overview: Development for the Web
In this lesson, we will explore the structure and operation of the "img" tag and understand how they can be used to 'add' images to web pages.
In this lesson, we will start to experiment with using CSS to format tags in a HTML document. We will format schemes to work and extend our knowledge by researching the numerous attributes that can be controlled by CSS.
In this lesson, we will consider how people get to web pages and think about search engines. We will learn about the advantages and disadvantages of using key words for searching the web.
In this lesson, we will learn how to carefully control what we search for, so that we are more likely to find what we want, instead of navigating too many results.
In this lesson, we will explore the exponential growth of the Internet, and issues associated with that growth.
Units in Computing
- Impact of Technology - Collaborating Online Respectfully
- Gaining support for a cause
- Networks: from semaphores to the Internet
- Programming essentials in Scratch: part I
- Programming essentials in Scratch: part II
- Design Vector Graphics
- Computing systems
- Development for the Web
- Representations: from clay to silicon
- Mobile app development
- Intro to Python programming
- Data Science
- Representations: going audiovisual
- Python programming with sequences of data
- Physical Computing Programming