In this lesson, we will be introduced to the purpose of the unit: to create a mobile app. Over the next two lessons we will develop our first app together "Tappy Tap App" and start by decomposing the problem, using success criteria to help us do this.
Unit Overview: Mobile app development
In this lesson, we will be introduced to the concept of event-driven programming and applying this paradigm to the app that we started to develop in the previous lesson.
In this lesson, we will complete our Tappy Tap App by making the score screen. After this, we will then be given a choice of projects to work on to start building our own apps.
In this lesson, we will explore how user input is captured. We will then start to develop our own apps by decomposing the task into more managable steps.
In this lesson, we will spend time developing our apps further. We will use our decomposed steps and success criteria to help continue with this project.
In this lesson, we will complete and evaluate our app development project. Once our apps are complete, we will evaluate their success, both against our own criteria and by answering a short set of questions.
Units in Computing
- Impact of Technology - Collaborating Online Respectfully
- Gaining support for a cause
- Networks: from semaphores to the Internet
- Programming essentials in Scratch: part I
- Programming essentials in Scratch: part II
- Design Vector Graphics
- Computing systems
- Development for the Web
- Representations: from clay to silicon
- Mobile app development
- Intro to Python programming
- Data Science
- Representations: going audiovisual
- Python programming with sequences of data
- Physical Computing Programming