In this lesson, we will learn what mental wellbeing is. We will also be able to identify the factors that affect positive wellbeing.
Unit Overview: Mental wellbeing: Talking about emotions
In this lesson, we will learn about the link between connection and your mental wellbeing. You will be able to understand the importance of quality friendships.
In this lesson, we will learn about the importance of limiting your time online and the negative effects of too much screen time.
In this lesson, we will understand that we all have a range of emotions and that we can choose how to respond to situations.
In this lesson, we will learn about the emotions associated with grief. We will also discuss some possible coping strategies and how we can support each other.
Units in RSHE (PSHE)
- Families: Relationships and human happiness
- Respectful relationships: Respect and friendship
- Online and media: Rights, responsibilities and keeping safe
- Mental wellbeing: Talking about emotions
- Internet safety and harms: Reality vs the online world
- Healthy lifestyles: Physical fitness and healthy eating
- Health and prevention: Basic health
- Changing adolescent body: Puberty and menstrual wellbeing
- Families: Stable relationships and marriage
- Respectful relationships: Stereotypes and bullying
- Online and media: Harmful contact
- Mental wellbeing: Recognising concerns
- Internet safety and harms: Body Image
- Drugs and alcohol: Smoking and Alcohol
- Health and prevention: Sleep and routines
- First aid
- Families: Being safe and reporting concerns
- Respectful relationships: Recognising and reporting criminal behaviour within relationships
- Online and media: Indecent image sharing
- Being safe: The law (consent, exploitation, and harassment)
- Intimate relationships: Positivity and health
- Mental wellbeing: Common types of ill health
- Internet safety and harms: Relationships and social media
- Drugs and alcohol: Prescription and illegal drugs
- Health and prevention: Immunisation and vaccination