This lesson will recap the importance of positive mental health and explore how to recognise the physical and behavioural outwards signs of mental wellbeing concerns.
Unit Overview: Mental wellbeing: Recognising concerns
This lesson will focus on sleeping problems (both too much and too little), dealing with feelings of anxiety and being overwhelmed.
This lesson will focus on the importance of talking/sharing and engaging with physical activity, hobbies, connections in order to minimise mental health concerns.
This lesson will focus on empathy/kindness and the impact of our words on others.
This lesson will focus on identifying a trusted adult and understanding the role of GP/School nurse/CAMHS in relation to supporting mental health.
Units in RSHE (PSHE)
- Families: Relationships and human happiness
- Respectful relationships: Respect and friendship
- Online and media: Rights, responsibilities and keeping safe
- Mental wellbeing: Talking about emotions
- Internet safety and harms: Reality vs the online world
- Healthy lifestyles: Physical fitness and healthy eating
- Health and prevention: Basic health
- Changing adolescent body: Puberty and menstrual wellbeing
- Families: Stable relationships and marriage
- Respectful relationships: Stereotypes and bullying
- Online and media: Harmful contact
- Mental wellbeing: Recognising concerns
- Internet safety and harms: Body Image
- Drugs and alcohol: Smoking and Alcohol
- Health and prevention: Sleep and routines
- First aid
- Families: Being safe and reporting concerns
- Respectful relationships: Recognising and reporting criminal behaviour within relationships
- Online and media: Indecent image sharing
- Being safe: The law (consent, exploitation, and harassment)
- Intimate relationships: Positivity and health
- Mental wellbeing: Common types of ill health
- Internet safety and harms: Relationships and social media
- Drugs and alcohol: Prescription and illegal drugs
- Health and prevention: Immunisation and vaccination