In this lesson, we will be looking at plotting coordinates onto a Cartesian plane and exploring the distance between different coordinates.
Unit Overview: Linear graphs
In this lesson, we will be looking at the equations of horizontal and vertical lines.
In this lesson, we will be looking at representing inequalities on a Cartesian plane.
In this lesson, we will be looking at representing inequalities on a Cartesian plane and on a number line.
In this lesson, we will be looking at plotting coordinates onto a grid and simple notation for labelling straight line graphs.
In this lesson, we will be looking at the relationship between x-ordinates and y-ordinates for linear and non-linear graphs.
In this lesson, we will be looking at determining the gradient of linear graphs.
In this lesson, we will be looking at how the gradient of a line is determined using the equation of the line.
In this lesson, we will be exploring the relationship between the gradients of perpendicular and parallel lines.
In this lesson, we will explore the general form of the equation of a line.
In this lesson, we will explore finding equations of lines and writing them in the form y = mx + c.
In this lesson, we will investigate the equations of equivalent lines, using some algebraic manipulation to check equality.
Units in Maths
- Numbers and numerals
- Axioms and arrays
- Factors and multiples
- Order of operations
- Positive and negative numbers
- Expressions, equations and inequalities
- Classifying 2-D shapes
- Constructing triangles and quadrilaterals
- Area of 2-D shapes
- Transforming 2-D figures
- Prime factor decomposition
- Conceptualising and comparing fractions
- Manipulating and calculating with fractions
- Different number systems
- Forming and solving equations
- Forming and solving inequalities
- Linear graphs
- Accuracy and estimation
- Algebra and problem solving
- Ratio (8.6a)
- Ratio, real life graphs, and rates of change
- Direct and indirect proportion
- Univariate data
- Bivariate data
- Famous maths problems
- Angles and parallel lines
- Angles in polygons
- Volume and surface area of prisms
- Area review
- FDP review (9.1a)
- Sets and Venn Diagrams
- Solving linear simultaneous equations algebraically
- Solving linear simultaneous equations graphically
- Angle review (9.5a)
- Constructions, congruence, and loci
- Pythagoras's theorem
- Famous maths problems
- Ratio review (9.7a)
- Similarity and enlargement
- Surds and trigonometry
- Quadratic expressions (9.9)
- Quadratic equations (9.10)
- Indices and standard form
- Growth and decay