This lesson will focus on the early signs and symptoms of pregnancy. It will also address some myths around getting pregnant, and cover the pregnancy testing process. It will identify sources of early support.
Unit Overview: Intimate sexual relationships: Pregnancy and parenting
This lesson will focus on the definition and legalities of abortion in the UK. It will also explain what support is available for somebody considering an abortion.
This lesson will focus on the way pregnancy affects physical and mental wellbeing, the different stages of pregnancy and the impact of support.
This lesson will focus on the different types of birth, pain management available to support in labour and on postnatal physical and mental health.
This lesson will focus on gaining an understanding of miscarriage and stillbirth. It will cover the impact that loss such as miscarriage and stillbirth can have, and will discuss the support available for those who experience this loss.
This lesson will discuss the various alternative options available for couples and single people who wish to have a child. It will cover adoption, fostering, surrogacy, egg/sperm donation and co-parenting.
Units in RSHE (PSHE)
- Online and media: Dangers of viewing explicit material
- Being safe: Informed consent
- Intimate relationships: Reproductive health and impact of alcohol and drugs
- Mental wellbeing: Impact of our actions on mental health
- Internet safety and harms: Online relationships and harmful behaviour
- Drugs and alcohol: Addiction and alcohol dependency
- Mental wellbeing: Recognising problems and seeking support
- Internet safety and harms: Gambling, debt and targeted advertising
- Being safe: Honour based violence and FGM
- Intimate sexual relationships: Pregnancy and parenting
- Healthy lifestyles: Choices approaching adulthood
- Drugs and alcohol: Dangers of recreational drug use
- Health and prevention: Self-care and self-awareness