In this lesson we will define body image and understand how our perception of our body impacts our feelings and thoughts.
Unit Overview: Internet safety and harms: Body Image
In this lesson we will look at internet projections of unachievable images. We will also learn about photo-editing and filtering.
In this lesson we will consider beliefs about beauty and how they are subjective. We will also learn about cultural variance in beliefs about beauty.
In this lesson we will learn about the changes that take place during puberty and how that affects self-perception.
In this lesson we will learn about how you can seek support for body image mental wellbeing concerns. We will also look at the body positivity movement.
Units in RSHE (PSHE)
- Families: Relationships and human happiness
- Respectful relationships: Respect and friendship
- Online and media: Rights, responsibilities and keeping safe
- Mental wellbeing: Talking about emotions
- Internet safety and harms: Reality vs the online world
- Healthy lifestyles: Physical fitness and healthy eating
- Health and prevention: Basic health
- Changing adolescent body: Puberty and menstrual wellbeing
- Families: Stable relationships and marriage
- Respectful relationships: Stereotypes and bullying
- Online and media: Harmful contact
- Mental wellbeing: Recognising concerns
- Internet safety and harms: Body Image
- Drugs and alcohol: Smoking and Alcohol
- Health and prevention: Sleep and routines
- First aid
- Families: Being safe and reporting concerns
- Respectful relationships: Recognising and reporting criminal behaviour within relationships
- Online and media: Indecent image sharing
- Being safe: The law (consent, exploitation, and harassment)
- Intimate relationships: Positivity and health
- Mental wellbeing: Common types of ill health
- Internet safety and harms: Relationships and social media
- Drugs and alcohol: Prescription and illegal drugs
- Health and prevention: Immunisation and vaccination