In our first lesson of this unit, we will listen to and join in with an information text all about tigers.
Unit: Information: All about Tigers
In this lesson we create an information map and 'step' the information.
In this lesson we deepen our understanding of the information by getting into role.
In this lesson we explore nouns and how we can change them from a singular to a plural by adding 's'.
In this lesson, we practise our reading strategies and look for clues to infer information about tigers.
In this lesson we will 'box-up' the information and explore the purpose of each section.
In this lesson we create our information toolkit to help us write our own information text.
In this lesson we are going to start to write our own information piece. We will focus on the introduction and identification.
In this lesson we will continue our information piece. We will focus on habitat and conservation.
In this lesson we will finish writing our information piece and edit our work.
Units in English
- The Magic Paintbrush: mood
- The Magic Paintbrush: created story (mood)
- Recount: diary entry
- Monkeys and Hats: problems
- Monkeys and Hats: recycled story (problems)
- Instructions: how to make a paper crown
- Awongalema: description
- Awongalema: recycled story (description)
- Discussion: should animals be kept in zoos?
- Honey and Trouble: character
- Honey and Trouble: recycled story (character)
- Persuasion: Buy my honey
- Anansi and Tiger
- Anansi and Tiger: Endings
- Information: All about Tigers
- Jack and the Beanstalk: characters, mood, problems
- Jack and the Beanstalk: created story (characters, mood, problems)
- Explanation: how beans grow
- How Butterflies Came to Be
- How Coyote Brought Fire to the Earth (1)
- How Coyote Brought Fire to the Earth (2)
- Instructions: How to defeat the fire giants
- Baba Yaga: openings
- Baba Yaga: created story (openings)
- Non-chronological report: All about Witches
- The Eagle Who Thought He Was A Chicken: characters and problems
- The Eagle Who Thought He Was A Chicken: recycled story (characters and problems)
- Explanation: how birds fly
- Ganesh Gets Married (1)
- Ganesh Gets Married (2)
- Discussion: Who was right: Ganesh or Kartikeya?
- Persephone: endings
- Persephone: creation story (endings)
- Recount: news report
- The Bird and the Forest Fire: middles
- The Bird and the Forest Fire: recycled story (middles)
- Persuasion: Why you should never light fires in a dry forest
- The Unlucky Man