This lesson will explore the meaning of identity, how it is shaped and how it can change.
Unit: How is UK society diverse and changing?
This lesson will explore debates around identity in the UK and the ideas around a national identity. This lesson will also discuss the concept of British values.
This lesson will explore the changing UK population, in relation to its composition. This lesson will also explore the impact of a changing population on society.
This lesson will explore how and why the UK is so diverse, looking at the benefits and challenges of living in a diverse society. This lesson will also introduce the effects of immigration and its impact.
This lesson will explore the importance of mutual respect and tolerance and ways of building mutual understanding. This lesson will also introduce the impact of inequality and discrimination and ways to prevent it.
This lesson will explore how diversity, integration and community cohesion can lead to unity. This lesson will also look at the challenges and opportunities of a changing and diverse society.
Units in Citizenship
Units in Identities and communities
- How well does the media hold those in power to account?
- How can we make a difference in society? Active citizenship project
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the UK democratic system?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the legal system?
- How does the economy work?
- How does the UK play a meaningful role in the international community?
- How is UK society diverse and changing?
- What is the nature of the British constitution?
- Why do we need the right to protest in democracy?
- How do others govern?
- Where does power reside in the UK?
- Practising what we have learned - GCSE revision and retrieval