In this lesson, we will learn about how to eat a balanced diet using the eatwell guide to do so. We will also learn about what each food group provides to our bodies.
Unit Overview: Healthy lifestyles: Physical fitness and healthy eating
In this lesson, we will learn about the scientific effects of physical activity on our bodies.
In this lesson, we will learn about the recommended amount of physical activity, as well as ways we can stay physically active.
In this lesson, we will learn about the benefits of a healthy lifestyle as well as the risk factors associated with a sedentary lifestyle.
In this lesson, we will learn about how physical activity positively affects our mental wellbeing.
Units in RSHE (PSHE)
- Families: Relationships and human happiness
- Respectful relationships: Respect and friendship
- Online and media: Rights, responsibilities and keeping safe
- Mental wellbeing: Talking about emotions
- Internet safety and harms: Reality vs the online world
- Healthy lifestyles: Physical fitness and healthy eating
- Health and prevention: Basic health
- Changing adolescent body: Puberty and menstrual wellbeing
- Families: Stable relationships and marriage
- Respectful relationships: Stereotypes and bullying
- Online and media: Harmful contact
- Mental wellbeing: Recognising concerns
- Internet safety and harms: Body Image
- Drugs and alcohol: Smoking and Alcohol
- Health and prevention: Sleep and routines
- First aid
- Families: Being safe and reporting concerns
- Respectful relationships: Recognising and reporting criminal behaviour within relationships
- Online and media: Indecent image sharing
- Being safe: The law (consent, exploitation, and harassment)
- Intimate relationships: Positivity and health
- Mental wellbeing: Common types of ill health
- Internet safety and harms: Relationships and social media
- Drugs and alcohol: Prescription and illegal drugs
- Health and prevention: Immunisation and vaccination