In this lesson, we will learn how to take a basic heart rate measurement and track how it changes throughout physical activity. We will explore how to interpret the data collected and how it applies to physical fitness.
Unit Overview: Health related exercise activity: personalised fitness
In this lesson, we will learn what strength is and develop an understanding of how to train, focusing on it. We will learn how to use resistance training as a method and understand how to structure training to maximise strength development.
In this lesson, we will learn what the concept of aerobic and anaerobic energy systems are. We will learn how to use aerobics as a method of training and how to vary intensities to change between the different energy systems.
In this lesson, we will learn what interval training is and develop an understanding of how to use it to train, focusing on speed and power. We will learn how to use 'High Intensity Interval Training' (HIIT) as a method of training and explore the relationship between speed, strength and power.
In this lesson, we will learn how to measure fitness and experiment with measuring levels of fitness for different components. We will learn how to use protocols and how to interpret data that is produced.
In this lesson, we will expand on the fitness measurements to set SMART goals to help improve fitness. We will learn how to build a personalised circuit training programme focused on achieving fitness goals.
Units in Physical Education
- Health related exercise activity: components of fitness
- Dance activity: an introduction to choreographic processes, devices and intention, performing set choreography and devising of individual work
- Games activity: developing fundamental and transferable skills
- Athletic activity: acquiring techniques
- Outdoor and adventurous activity: following instructions and problem solving skills
- Health related exercise activity: personalised fitness
- Dance activity: developing the use and application of appropriate action, space and dynamics linked to the intention of seeing 'below the surface'
- Games activity: analysing and improving performance
- Athletic activity: developing power, strength and speed
- Outdoor and adventurous activity: Developing critical thinking