In this lesson, we will refresh our understanding of a number of balances and different types of locomotion and think about how we can construct complex sequences. We will also consider how we can exercise safely in our home environment.
Unit Overview: Gymnastics activity: sequencing
In this lesson, we will learn how to use a range of compositional techniques to enhance our sequences. We will learn to link these with a series of balances. We will also think about the effect of exercise on our body: speed, strength, cardiovascular fitness and flexibility.
In this lesson, we will explore how to create a sequence using rhythmic awareness. We will consider how effective nutrition and hydration can have an impact on our body during exercise.
In this lesson, we will develop our gymnastics knowledge by considering how we can perform our sequences with control, accuracy and fluency. We will also consider what impact regular gymnastics can have upon our mood and mindset.
Units in Physical Education
- Gymnastic activity: locomotion and rolling
- Dance activity: patterns
- Athletic activity: run, jump and throw 1
- Outdoor and adventurous activity: trails, trust and teamwork
- Water safety
- Games activity: passing and receiving
- Gymnastics activity: sequencing
- Athletic activity: run, jump and throw 2
- Outdoor and adventurous activity: planning and making a journey