In this lesson you will be introduced to algebraic notation and learn how to evaluate and substitute into expressions.
Unit: Expressions, equations and inequalities
In this lesson you will learn to collect together like terms and manipulate linear expressions.
In this lesson you will use the distributive property to expand brackets with linear expressions.
In this lesson you will learn how to factorise basic linear expressions.
In this lesson you will learn the concept of an equation and use models to form equations.
In this lesson you will form equations and explore how equality is preserved.
In this lesson you will use models to form inequalities.
In this lesson you will learn how to form inequalities related to a known equation.
In this lesson you will learn how to form expressions using algebraic lengths and draw shapes given expressions for the perimeter.
In this lesson you will learn how to establish inequalities from perimeter expressions.
In this lesson you will generalise counting strategies algebraically for repeating patterns.
In this lesson you will learn how to generalise counting strategies algebraically for different repeating patterns.
Units in Maths
Units in Algebra
- Numbers and numerals
- Axioms and arrays
- Factors and multiples
- Order of operations
- Positive and negative numbers
- Expressions, equations and inequalities
- Classifying 2-D shapes
- Constructing triangles and quadrilaterals
- Area of 2-D shapes
- Transforming 2-D figures
- Prime factor decomposition
- Conceptualising and comparing fractions
- Manipulating and calculating with fractions
- Different number systems
- Forming and solving equations
- Forming and solving inequalities
- Linear graphs
- Accuracy and estimation
- Algebra and problem solving
- Ratio (8.7a)
- Ratio, real life graphs, and rates of change
- Direct and indirect proportion
- Univariate data
- Bivariate data
- Famous maths problems
- Angles and parallel lines review
- Angles in polygons
- Volume and surface area of prisms
- Area review
- FDP review (9.1a)
- Sets, Venn and sample space diagrams
- Solving linear simultaneous equations algebraically
- Solving linear simultaneous equations graphically
- Angle review (9.5a)
- Constructions, congruence, and loci
- Pythagoras’s theorem
- Famous maths problems
- Ratio review (9.7a)
- Similarity and enlargement
- Surds and trigonometry
- Quadratic expressions (9.9)
- Quadratic equations (9.10)
- Indices and standard form
- Growth and decay