This lesson will explore what addiction is.
Unit Overview: Drugs and alcohol: Addiction and alcohol dependency
This lesson will examine how addiction affects people.
This lesson will look into specific drugs and their effects.
This lesson will focus on the consequences of addiction and how this can affect people with an addiction.
This lesson explores where people with an addiction can go to seek help.
This lesson will focus on alcohol dependency.
This lesson explores limiting alcohol intake and its benefits.
Units in RSHE (PSHE)
- Online and media: Dangers of viewing explicit material
- Being safe: Informed consent
- Intimate relationships: Reproductive health and impact of alcohol and drugs
- Mental wellbeing: Impact of our actions on mental health
- Internet safety and harms: Online relationships and harmful behaviour
- Drugs and alcohol: Addiction and alcohol dependency
- Mental wellbeing: Recognising problems and seeking support
- Internet safety and harms: Gambling, debt and targeted advertising
- Being safe: Honour based violence and FGM
- Intimate sexual relationships: Pregnancy and parenting
- Healthy lifestyles: Choices approaching adulthood
- Drugs and alcohol: Dangers of recreational drug use
- Health and prevention: Self-care and self-awareness