In this lesson, we will look at proportional relationships, in particular the unitary method whereby we calculate proportion as a ratio of 1:n.
In this lesson, we will look at proportional relationships in familiar real world worded problem contexts.
In this lesson, we will explore real life scenarios involving direct proportion and model solutions.
In this lesson, we will learn how to recognise when two quantities are directly proportional to each other.
In this lesson, we will solve worded problems involving direct proportion and model solutions using tables.
In this lesson, we will recognise and interpret the graphical representation of a proportional relationships.
In this lesson, we will learn about the the term 'constant of proportionality' and how it relates to how proportion works.
In this lesson, we will investigate word proportion problems involving exchange rates, and cost scaling. We will then model their solutions.
In this lesson, we will explore when two quantities are inversely proportional to each other. We will learn about the term inverse proportion and how to identify an inversely proportional relationship.
In this lesson, we will interpret, solve and model solutions to inverse proportion problems.
In this lesson, we will learn to recognise and distinguish the graphical representation of inverse proportion.
In this lesson, we will solve a variety of direct and inverse proportion problems. We will learn how to identify when a problem is about direct or inverse proportion.
Units in Maths
- Numbers and numerals
- Axioms and arrays
- Factors and multiples
- Order of operations
- Positive and negative numbers
- Expressions, equations and inequalities
- Classifying 2-D shapes
- Constructing triangles and quadrilaterals
- Area of 2-D shapes
- Transforming 2-D figures
- Prime factor decomposition
- Conceptualising and comparing fractions
- Manipulating and calculating with fractions
- Different number systems
- Forming and solving equations
- Forming and solving inequalities
- Linear graphs
- Accuracy and estimation
- Algebra and problem solving
- Ratio (8.6a)
- Ratio, real life graphs, and rates of change
- Direct and indirect proportion
- Univariate data
- Bivariate data
- Famous maths problems
- Angles and parallel lines
- Angles in polygons
- Volume and surface area of prisms
- Area review
- FDP review (9.1a)
- Sets and Venn Diagrams
- Solving linear simultaneous equations algebraically
- Solving linear simultaneous equations graphically
- Angle review (9.5a)
- Constructions, congruence, and loci
- Pythagoras's theorem
- Famous maths problems
- Ratio review (9.7a)
- Similarity and enlargement
- Surds and trigonometry
- Quadratic expressions (9.9)
- Quadratic equations (9.10)
- Indices and standard form
- Growth and decay