In this lesson we will focus on safe dance practice, warming up and technique.
Unit Overview: Dance activity: an introduction to choreographic processes, devices and intention, performing set choreography and devising of individual work
In this lesson we will look at accurate replication of a taught phrase. We will use the functions of smart phones and their apps to give us the ideas for movement. Finally, we will look at evaluating our own performances.
In this lesson we will recap the phrase used in last lesson so that we are able to use it to explore motif and development. We will use action, space and dynamics to create a new version of the taught phrase.
In this lesson we will create our own solo based on the format of a 'social media' dance. We will storyboard our ideas before rehearsing and filming our final piece.
In this lesson, we will learn how to use narrative to communicate a theme in our choreography. We will use the idea of cyber-bullying by looking at how and why it happens and by choosing a character to play. We will create a phrase that has a clear beginning, middle and end from that person's perspective.
In this lesson we will explore how to use dynamics and expressive skills effectively in creative and performance work. We will use the ideas of how we can edit photos and videos on our phones as a method for 'editing' our choreography. e.g. flipping, reversing, slow motion.
Units in Physical Education
- Health related exercise activity: components of fitness
- Dance activity: an introduction to choreographic processes, devices and intention, performing set choreography and devising of individual work
- Games activity: developing fundamental and transferable skills
- Athletic activity: acquiring techniques
- Outdoor and adventurous activity: following instructions and problem solving skills
- Health related exercise activity: personalised fitness
- Dance activity: developing the use and application of appropriate action, space and dynamics linked to the intention of seeing 'below the surface'
- Games activity: analysing and improving performance
- Athletic activity: developing power, strength and speed
- Outdoor and adventurous activity: Developing critical thinking