In this lesson, we will explore why our data is valuable to others and why it is important to keep it safe. We will look at what data companies, such as social media platforms, collect about us and what they use it for. We will also look at how the law tries to keep our data safe.
Unit Overview: Cybersecurity
In this lesson, we will become aware of how humans can be a weak point in the system. We will look at the social engineering tactics deployed by cybercriminals to dupe users into giving away data that could lead to further crime.
In this lesson, we will explore the concept of hacking and the techniques used by hackers to exploit computer systems. We will also look at the consequences of hacking and what laws are in place to act as a deterrent.
In this lesson, we will learn about malware and the different categories of malware, as well as understanding how they work and the damage they can do.
In this lesson, we will look at the risks that cyberthreats pose to a network, followed by an exploration of some common methods of defending the network against attacks, such as firewalls and anti-malware.
In this lesson, we will apply the knowledge that we have gained in this unit by playing a game called Under Attack where we will have to defend a network from incoming threats. We will also research the available career choices in cyber defence.
Units in Computing
- Impact of Technology - Collaborating Online Respectfully
- Gaining support for a cause
- Networks: from semaphores to the Internet
- Programming essentials in Scratch: part I
- Programming essentials in Scratch: part II
- Design Vector Graphics
- Computing systems
- Development for the Web
- Representations: from clay to silicon
- Mobile app development
- Intro to Python programming
- Data Science
- Representations: going audiovisual
- Python programming with sequences of data
- Physical Computing Programming