In this lesson, we will be learning to locate North America, as well as the countries within North America, on a map. We will also be learning about the five different regions of North America and at the end of the lesson, comparing two of the regions.
Unit Overview: Building Locational Knowledge: North America
In this lesson, we will be learning about the major cities in North America. We will also be learning about how agriculture, forestry and mining are important for the continent economically. Finally, we will learn about the natural resources that North America has and where these natural resources are located within the continent.
In this lesson, we will be learning about the meaning of the word 'climate' and then move on to learning about the climate of two regions: The Caribbean and the Mountainous West. We will also look at how these regions will be affected by climate change.
Units in Geography
- Mountains, Volcanoes and Earthquakes
- Building Locational Knowledge: Europe
- Water, Weather and Climate
- Building Locational Knowledge: North America
- Building Locational Knowledge: United Kingdom
- Building Locational Knowledge: Hemispheres and Tropics
- Natural Resources
- Building Locational Knowledge: South America
- Local Fieldwork
- Energy and Sustainability