This lesson will focus on the concept of 'consent' and the law around sexual consent. Also, how consent (including sexual and other kinds) can be communicated and withdrawn.
Unit Overview: Being safe: The law (consent, exploitation, and harassment)
This lesson will focus on the definition of 'harassment', 'abuse' and 'rape'; specific laws relating to these terms; the potential impact on future relationships; seeking support and reporting concerns in response to harassment, abuse or rape.
This lesson will focus on domestic violence, including a definition, the law and statistics surrounding it, examples of different aspects of domestic violence within different kinds of relationships, how to recognise domestic violence situations, and seeking help and support for it.
This lesson will focus on 'grooming', 'exploitation' and 'coercion', including the definition, specific laws relating to these terms and seeking support and reporting concerns in response to grooming, exploitation and coercion.
This lesson will focus on what is meant by the term 'County Lines', how to recognise early signs of gang exploitation/coercion, and how to report or seek help in response to concerns.
Units in RSHE (PSHE)
- Families: Relationships and human happiness
- Respectful relationships: Respect and friendship
- Online and media: Rights, responsibilities and keeping safe
- Mental wellbeing: Talking about emotions
- Internet safety and harms: Reality vs the online world
- Healthy lifestyles: Physical fitness and healthy eating
- Health and prevention: Basic health
- Changing adolescent body: Puberty and menstrual wellbeing
- Families: Stable relationships and marriage
- Respectful relationships: Stereotypes and bullying
- Online and media: Harmful contact
- Mental wellbeing: Recognising concerns
- Internet safety and harms: Body Image
- Drugs and alcohol: Smoking and Alcohol
- Health and prevention: Sleep and routines
- First aid
- Families: Being safe and reporting concerns
- Respectful relationships: Recognising and reporting criminal behaviour within relationships
- Online and media: Indecent image sharing
- Being safe: The law (consent, exploitation, and harassment)
- Intimate relationships: Positivity and health
- Mental wellbeing: Common types of ill health
- Internet safety and harms: Relationships and social media
- Drugs and alcohol: Prescription and illegal drugs
- Health and prevention: Immunisation and vaccination