In this lesson, we will focus on developing your agility skills. It will also help with your speed, coordination and reaction skills necessary for sprinting athletics events in particular. The lesson will also help improve your concentration and focus which is key in all sports.
Unit Overview: Athletic activity: acquiring techniques
In this lesson, we will be developing your speed and agility skills through various speed bounce tasks. You will be improving your ability to change direction at speed whilst maintaining good balance and control of your body.
In this lesson, we will be learning the key elements required for jumping for height and challenging yourself to apply these skills in various challenges.
In the sport of athletics, flexibility and core strength are key. In this lesson, we will develop these through challenging tasks and activities. Your stability and coordination skills will also be improved along with your decision-making skills.
In this lesson, we will have the opportunity to develop your throwing for accuracy skills and techniques. You will be able to apply these skills and necessary techniques in various challenging tasks.
In this lesson, we will apply all the different athletic skills that have been developed over the previous lessons in an athletics mini circuit. Agility, balance and coordination will all be tested.
Units in Physical Education
- Health related exercise activity: components of fitness
- Dance activity: an introduction to choreographic processes, devices and intention, performing set choreography and devising of individual work
- Games activity: developing fundamental and transferable skills
- Athletic activity: acquiring techniques
- Outdoor and adventurous activity: following instructions and problem solving skills
- Health related exercise activity: personalised fitness
- Dance activity: developing the use and application of appropriate action, space and dynamics linked to the intention of seeing 'below the surface'
- Games activity: analysing and improving performance
- Athletic activity: developing power, strength and speed
- Outdoor and adventurous activity: Developing critical thinking