This lesson includes third party copyright content we are unable to offer for download
Lesson overview: Why was controlling education so important to the Nazi party?View in classroom
This lesson will be exploring how Hitler used the education system, including the curriculum and teachers, to control and indoctrinate the German youth.
32 lessons in Weimar and Nazi Germany, 1919-1939:
- The German Reich, 1871-1918
- The Russian Revolution, 1917
- How democratic was the Weimar Constitution?
- Why did the German people feel stabbed in the back?
- Why was there a rise in political extremism in Germany after WW1?
- Why was 1923 known as a year of crisis?
- How did Germany recover its economy in the years 1924-29?
- How did Germany improve their international relations, 1924-29?
- Were the 1920s a golden age for all Germans?
- How far had the Weimar Republic recovered by 1929?
- Why was the year 1929 a significant turning point for Germany?
- The early development of the Nazi Party: what did Hitler believe in?
- Who were the SA and what was their role?
- What was the Munich Putsch?
- What were the consequences of the Munich Putsch?
- What were the Nazi Party strategies during the lean years?
- Why were the Nazi Party so successful after 1929?
- How did political developments in 1932 result in Hitler becoming Chancellor in January 1933?
- Why was Hitler ‘invited’ into power?
- How did the Nazis remove political opposition?
- How did Hitler consolidate power by 1934?
- How far did the Nazi party create a police state?
- How far did the Nazi party control the state through propaganda?
- How much resistance existed in Nazi Germany before 1939?
- What were Nazi attitudes and policies towards women?
- How successful were Nazi policies towards women?
- Why were young people so important to the Nazi Party?
- Why was controlling education so important to the Nazi party?
- How successful were Nazi policies at reducing unemployment?
- How far did the lives of German workers improve after 1933?
- How did the Nazi party view and portray minorities in society?
- How did the persecution of the Jews escalate after 1933?