Lesson overview: What strategies have been used to try and control population growth?View in classroom
This lesson will consider how countries might attempt to reduce the risk of overpopulation by controlling population growth. We learn about some ways that places like Kerala in India or China have tried to do this in the past, and how effective this has been.
13 lessons in Population:
- What are the factors that influence population distribution?
- What is the population explosion?
- What are the potential consequences of overpopulation?
- How do population structures change over time?
- How does the population structure change as a country develops?
- What do population pyramids show?
- What strategies have been used to try and control population growth?
- What are the impacts of an ageing population?
- How is the UK managing the ageing population?
- What is migration?
- How are Mexico and the USA linked?
- What factors influence migration?
- The impacts of migration