Lesson overview: What makes up a city?View in classroom
In this lesson, we will be learning all about cities. We will explore the different types of land use, including residential areas and industrial areas, as well as how cities grow and develop.
10 lessons in Villages, Towns and Cities:
- Where are the world’s people?
- What is a settlement?
- What affects where people live?
- How are settlements shaped?
- What makes up a city?
- How are cities and villages different to live in?
- What human and physical features can I find in my settlement?
- Can I sketch a map of my settlement?
- Can I use symbols and a key in my map?
- How do I describe where things are in my settlement?