This lesson includes third party copyright content we are unable to offer for download
Lesson overview: What are the features of a river's long profile?View in classroom
In this lesson we will be learning how a river changes from its source to its mouth and how distinct features are found in the different courses.
13 lessons in Rivers:
- Why are rivers important?
- What are the features of a drainage basin?
- How does the river drainage basin system work?
- What are the features of a river's long profile?
- Erosion and transportation
- How do waterfalls form?
- What are the processes operating across meanders?
- What are floodplains and how do they form?
- What are the causes of flooding within drainage basins?
- How can we manage the flood risk?
- An example of a flood event in the UK
- How can we respond to flood events?
- An example of a flood event in a developing country