Lesson overview: What are the features of a drainage basin?View in classroom
In this lesson we will be learning about the drainage basin of a river and some of their key features. We will look at aerial photographs and OS map extracts to try and spot the main features.
13 lessons in Rivers:
- Why are rivers important?
- What are the features of a drainage basin?
- How does the river drainage basin system work?
- What are the features of a river's long profile?
- Erosion and transportation
- How do waterfalls form?
- What are the processes operating across meanders?
- What are floodplains and how do they form?
- What are the causes of flooding within drainage basins?
- How can we manage the flood risk?
- An example of a flood event in the UK
- How can we respond to flood events?
- An example of a flood event in a developing country