This lesson includes third party copyright content we are unable to offer for download
Lesson overview: What are river long and cross profiles?View in classroom
In this lesson, we will learn about how the long and cross profile of a river changes downstream.
14 lessons in Rivers:
- What are river long and cross profiles?
- How do rivers erode, transport and deposit their load?
- Landforms of erosion: V-shaped valleys and interlocking spurs
- Landforms of erosion: waterfalls and gorges
- Landforms of erosion and deposition: meanders and oxbow lakes
- Landforms of deposition: levees, floodplains and estuaries
- Landforms in a UK river valley: The River Tees
- How does the river drainage basin system work?
- What are the human and physical factors that increase flood risk?
- What are hydrographs and what do they show?
- How can rivers be managed using hard engineering strategies?
- Soft engineering river management (Part 1)
- Soft engineering river management (Part 2)
- A UK Flood Management Scheme: Oxford