Lesson overview: To understand how to develop rhythmic ideasView in classroom
This lesson explores how you can develop musical ideas and structure them into a rhythmic composition. It also teaches dotted rhythms.
13 lessons in Stomp and Sing:
- Performing pulse and rhythms in a structure
- Exploring basic beatboxing sonorities: Performing a structured piece
- To explore the ability of the voice
- To understand how to communicate the meaning of a song effectively
- To explore more advanced body percussion techniques
- To explore how the composer Anna Meredith uses body percussion
- To review how rhythms are notated, and how the body can be used as a musical instrument
- How can melody and rhythm communicate a language that we don’t understand?
- To explore singing in two-part harmony
- Exploring gumboot dancing
- Creating a structured rhythm-focused composition: Exploring repetition and contrast
- To understand how to develop rhythmic ideas
- Layering rhythmic ideas: Exploring metre