This lesson includes third party copyright content we are unable to offer for download
Lesson overview: To understand how to add interest and contrast to a chord sequenceView in classroom
In this lesson, you will learn how to add interest to a chord sequence through the use of extended chords, varying rhythms and accompaniment patterns. You will put this into practice on a DAW (digital audio workstation).
13 lessons in Band Musicianship 1: The four-chord trick:
- What is the role of chords?
- How do chords help us to identify reggae?
- Which are the most useful chords?
- How can secondary chords be introduced in an accompaniment?
- How can we play in a virtual band?
- How are pop songs constructed?
- Performing popular music drum patterns
- To explore how popular music drum patterns communicate a style, and understand how and why the band set-up has changed
- To be able to identify musical contrast in a song, and understand how a musical group communicates and balances the sound
- Understanding chord inversions: Composing a successful 4-chord chord progression
- To understand how to add interest and contrast to a chord sequence
- To understand how word are set to music, and explore how to compose lyrics in a structure
- To understand how to compose a rap