Lesson overview: To explore more advanced body percussion techniquesView in classroom
In this lesson, you will explore how to create lots of different body percussion sounds, and compose and perform your own body percussion section.
13 lessons in Stomp and Sing:
- Performing pulse and rhythms in a structure
- Exploring basic beatboxing sonorities: Performing a structured piece
- To explore the ability of the voice
- To understand how to communicate the meaning of a song effectively
- To explore more advanced body percussion techniques
- To explore how the composer Anna Meredith uses body percussion
- To review how rhythms are notated, and how the body can be used as a musical instrument
- How can melody and rhythm communicate a language that we don’t understand?
- To explore singing in two-part harmony
- Exploring gumboot dancing
- Creating a structured rhythm-focused composition: Exploring repetition and contrast
- To understand how to develop rhythmic ideas
- Layering rhythmic ideas: Exploring metre