Lesson overview: The Theme of Power: Act 1 Scene 2 - Prospero and ArielView in classroom
In this lesson, we will start by recapping the important events of the play before reading the rest of Act 1 Scene 2 as Prospero interacts with Ariel. We will then analyse the relationship between these two characters.
16 lessons in Shakespearean Comedy - The Tempest:
- Context of The Tempest
- The plot and themes of The Tempest
- The theme of power: Act 1 Scene 1 - A Stormy Start
- The theme of power: Act 1 Scene 2: Prospero and Miranda
- The Theme of Power: Act 1 Scene 2 - Prospero and Ariel
- The theme of power: Act 1 Scene 2 - Caliban’s Treatment
- The theme of hope: Coming Ashore
- The theme of comedy: Trinculo and Stephano
- Abuse of power: Caliban - Victim or Villain?
- Analysing character in literature: How is Caliban Presented?
- The theme of love: Ferdinand and Miranda
- The theme of betrayal
- The theme of reconciliation
- The theme of magic: Prospero's Epilogue
- Evaluating: Prospero's Moral Principles
- Writing about the play as a whole: How is Power Presented?