Lesson overview: The theme of betrayalView in classroom
In this lesson, we will read about Stephanco, Trinculo and Caliban's evil plots against Prospero, and explore why the audience would not take these seriously.
16 lessons in Shakespearean Comedy - The Tempest:
- Context of The Tempest
- The plot and themes of The Tempest
- The theme of power: Act 1 Scene 1 - A Stormy Start
- The theme of power: Act 1 Scene 2: Prospero and Miranda
- The Theme of Power: Act 1 Scene 2 - Prospero and Ariel
- The theme of power: Act 1 Scene 2 - Caliban’s Treatment
- The theme of hope: Coming Ashore
- The theme of comedy: Trinculo and Stephano
- Abuse of power: Caliban - Victim or Villain?
- Analysing character in literature: How is Caliban Presented?
- The theme of love: Ferdinand and Miranda
- The theme of betrayal
- The theme of reconciliation
- The theme of magic: Prospero's Epilogue
- Evaluating: Prospero's Moral Principles
- Writing about the play as a whole: How is Power Presented?