This lesson includes third party copyright content we are unable to offer for download
Lesson overview: Strategies for reducing the risk of desertificationView in classroom
Explain how water and soil management, tree planting and the use of appropriate technology can reduce the risk of desertification.
9 lessons in Hot deserts:
- Physical characteristics of hot deserts
- Interdependence in hot desert environments
- How do plants adapt to the hot desert environment?
- How do animals adapt to the hot desert environment?
- Development opportunities in hot deserts: The Sahara
- Challenges for development in deserts
- Causes of desertification: Population growth
- Causes of desertification: Soil erosion
- Strategies for reducing the risk of desertification