Lesson overview: Should managed retreat have been used at Happisburgh?View in classroom
In this lesson we will be looking at the advantages and disadvantages of managed retreat being used at Happisburgh.
11 lessons in Coasts:
- What are the features of a coastline?
- What are the factors which influence waves?
- How do waves shape the land?
- How do headlands and bays form?
- What are the processes that lead to the formation of Stacks?
- What is longshore drift?
- How do spits form?
- How do we prevent coastal erosion?
- Should managed retreat have been used at Happisburgh?
- Should hard engineering have been used at Mappleton?
- What are the conflicts related to coastal management along the Holderness coast?