Lesson overview: Life and Times of Mary RobinsonView in classroom
In this lesson, you will be introduced to Mary Robinson, an 18th century Romantic poet. You will explore the divide between rich and poor before an introduction to her poem, 'The Birth-day'.
12 lessons in Romanticism and Revolution:
- Themes in Romantic Poetry
- William Blake and the Industrial Revolution
- Language and Themes in 'The Chimney Sweeper'
- Writing about 'The Chimney Sweeper'
- The Life and Times of Percy Bysshe Shelley
- The Masque of Anarchy
- Language and Themes in 'The Masque of Anarchy'
- Writing about 'The Masque of Anarchy'
- Life and Times of Mary Robinson
- Exploring 'The Birth-day'
- Language in 'The Birth-Day'
- Themes in 'The Birth-Day'