Lesson overview: Language in 'I Wandered Lonely As A Cloud'View in classroom
In this lesson, I will show you the difference between metaphor, simile and personification. We will then find examples of these types of figurative language in Wordsworth's poem and write about the effect that they might have on a reader.
10 lessons in Romanticism and Nature:
- The Life and Times of William Wordsworth
- Language in 'I Wandered Lonely As A Cloud'
- Nature in 'I Wandered Lonely As A Cloud'
- The Life and Times of John Keats
- Language in 'To Autumn'
- The Power of Nature in 'To Autumn'
- The Life and Times of Charlotte Smith
- Exploring 'To A Nightingale'
- Language in 'To A Nightingale'
- Themes in 'To A Nightingale'