This lesson includes third party copyright content we are unable to offer for download
Lesson overview: Landforms in a UK river valley: The River TeesView in classroom
In this lesson, we will learn about the landforms on the River Tees. We will practice our map skills while investigating the different landforms.
14 lessons in Rivers:
- What are river long and cross profiles?
- How do rivers erode, transport and deposit their load?
- Landforms of erosion: V-shaped valleys and interlocking spurs
- Landforms of erosion: waterfalls and gorges
- Landforms of erosion and deposition: meanders and oxbow lakes
- Landforms of deposition: levees, floodplains and estuaries
- Landforms in a UK river valley: The River Tees
- How does the river drainage basin system work?
- What are the human and physical factors that increase flood risk?
- What are hydrographs and what do they show?
- How can rivers be managed using hard engineering strategies?
- Soft engineering river management (Part 1)
- Soft engineering river management (Part 2)
- A UK Flood Management Scheme: Oxford