This lesson includes third party copyright content we are unable to offer for download
Lesson overview: Introduction to the multiplication symbolView in classroom
In today's lesson we are going to do something really clever with our equal groups- using the multiplication symbol.
13 lessons in Multiplication: equal and unequal groups:
- Unequal and equal groups
- Practise working with equal and unequal groups
- Redistributing from unequal to equal groups
- Consider the nature of 'equal groups' in more detail
- Practice using the sentence: 'There are _____ groups of ____'
- The use of a repeated addition expression to represent equal groups
- See a Repeated Expression First and then Make Groups to Match
- Think More Deeply- does the Representation Match the Expression?
- Introduction to the multiplication symbol
- Matching Repeated Addition Expressions to Multiplication Expressions
- Matching Multiplication Expressions to Images and Contexts
- Further reasoning about multiplication expressions
- Multiplication contexts involving zero and one