Lesson overview: Intersection of lines and circlesView in classroom
In this lesson will will investigate the intersection of a line and a circle.
4 lessons in Circle Graphs:
- Plot simple quadratic equations
- Plot other quadratic equations
- Solving Quadratic Equations Graphically
- Identify and interpret roots, intercepts and turning points of quadratic graphs
- Draw graphs of simple cubic functions using a table of values.
- Sketch graphs of simple cubic functions, given as three linear expressions.
- Interpret graphs of simple cubic functions, including finding solutions to cubic equations
- Recognise, draw, sketch and interpret graphs of the reciprocal function y = 1/x
- Draw and recognise circle graphs of the form x² + y² = r²
- Decide whether a point lies, on, outside or inside a circle
- Intersection of lines and circles
- Find the equation of a tangent to a circle at a given point