This lesson includes third party copyright content we are unable to offer for download
Lesson overview: How do chords help us to identify reggae?View in classroom
In this lesson, you will learn about how we can identify reggae music by the rhythm in which the chords are played. You will learn about the music of two reggae artists, and learn how to play chords in a reggae style. You will add the G major chord to your repertoire, and end the lesson by playing along to a more challenging backing track on your instrument.
13 lessons in Band Musicianship 1: The four-chord trick:
- What is the role of chords?
- How do chords help us to identify reggae?
- Which are the most useful chords?
- How can secondary chords be introduced in an accompaniment?
- How can we play in a virtual band?
- How are pop songs constructed?
- Performing popular music drum patterns
- To explore how popular music drum patterns communicate a style, and understand how and why the band set-up has changed
- To be able to identify musical contrast in a song, and understand how a musical group communicates and balances the sound
- Understanding chord inversions: Composing a successful 4-chord chord progression
- To understand how to add interest and contrast to a chord sequence
- To understand how word are set to music, and explore how to compose lyrics in a structure
- To understand how to compose a rap